Easy way to chat on Facebook?
They have facebook messenger for osx? Do tell more. and as for adium I think something broke as I can no longer get fb to work, but I think it's because Im using a nightly build no the public build you guys have.
Don't buy it. it's $5 and all the reviews are very very bad. Tha'ts bad news for an app. It is amemmory hog, does not even open and just plain does not work.
Hello, I have not used this extensively, but I just successfully set up my Facebook account in the OSX Messages app.
- Open Preferences, go to Accounts, and then Add New Account.
- Choose the "Other" radio button and hit continue (or just enter).
- VO-left to the "type" popup menu and open it. Choose Jabber.
- In the Account Name field, which really should be called the Username field, enter email@example.com. Replace the "user" part of that with whatever your Facebook username is.
- Enter your normal Facebook password in the password field.
- In the server field, put chat.facebook.com, and in the port field, enter 5222.
- Leave the two checkboxes unchecked, and add the account. You should now be all set.