Deleting tables in pages on the Mac.
Hey y'all. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to delete a table you've inserted into a pages document on the Mac. I have no problem inserting or formatting the table, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to delete one. Any help is sincerely appreciated. Thanks.:-)
Hi, so let me try to explain step by step what works for me.
* Open pages and create a new empty document
* Type two lines
* Place the curser before the S and insert a blank line - there we put our table
* From the insert menu select Insert -> Table -> Simple giving me a table with 5 rows and 4 columns.
* Having quick-nav turned off I can navigate through these three "lines" where my table is announced in the right place together with a small extra earcon.
* Now I hold down shift while moving one step over the table with the arros keys - this selects it.
* Then I simply press delete and it is gone.
Hope this helps
Actually what I do is simplear.
- move to the table.
- control click
- select cut.
The table is now gone.
you are absolutely right, but I have seen this fail a couple of times when I have aparently been interacting with a cell for one reason or another.
But certainly, if you are sure the complete table is selected then "cut" will do the trick.