A couple of questions regarding iTunes and Mac Mail
Have a couple questions for you all.
1. How do I authorise my Mac to use iTunes? I am signed into my Apple ID, but when I try to download some music from the previous purchases area, it says that I need to authorise my computer.
2. In the mail app, how do I switch from my Gmail account to my Outlook account?
3. Is there a way of deleting all emails at the same time instead of one by one? When I have lots of messages, it gets annoying having to delete one after the other
Thanks for any answers you might have.
Hopefully the below answers help:
- In iTunes, hit vo-m, go into the Store menu, and choose 'Authorize This Computer'.
- Yes. On the list of messages, vo-j or vo-cmd-t to find the Mailboxes table. If you can't find it, go to the View menu and ensure that the mailboxes list is enabled. Now find your inbox, right arrow to expand it, and choose the account you want to view. The inbox on the Mac acts like the 'All Inboxes' option in iOS
- Yes. Just like in Finder or text input areas, use shift-arrows to select multiple messages at once, or cmd-a to select all messages. You can then hit enter to open them, or delete to, well, delete them.
- See my Guide to the Mac's Mail App for more on Mail, including how to add certain inboxes or other folders to your favorites bar for quick access.
I can't find the authorise this computer button. Where is it?
On my computer, it's right in the Store menu. I can't think why it would be hidden.