Change the speed on youtube
Please help me. How to change speed on youtube with Mac keyboard. please tell me what to press to slow down and speed up playback. Note: I use the Czech keyboard. I searched the internet, but I was unable to find an understandable answer for me. Thank you very much for the answers.
The following steps work on my mid-2013 MBA, US keyboard, macOS 10.13.6, Safari Version 11.1.2 (13605.3.8).
Note: I think some YouTube videos and advertisements do not permit speed changes, and I've noticed the Speed item only becomes available in the Settings menu *after* the intro advertisement has finished playing.
1. Open a YouTube video in Safari.
2. Navigate to the control identified by VO as "Popup Button, Settings." YouTube pages tend to be cluttered, so I use the web item rotor to find and move to the target.
3. Press VO+Spacebar on the settings popup button to open the popup menu.
4. Arrow up or down thru the popup menu to the item labeled Speed.
5. Press VO+Spacebar to open the list of speed options.
6. Arrow up and down to highlight the desired speed and press VO+Spacebar to select that speed. If the video is playing, you'll hear the speed change automatically.
7. Press the Escape key to close the settings menu.
HTH, and as always, YMMV.
Hello, this procedure works. I also wanted to ask if there are no keyboard shortcuts, such as in windows where it was enough to press ctrl +, and ctrl + - after focusing on the slider. I know MAC OS is a different system and it does not cost it to compare it, but it would make it much easier for me to work. Thank you for your advice.
I don't know how or if this translates to the Czech keyboard layout, but on the US MacBook keyboard layout, pressing Shift+, or Shift+. will adjust the speed down or up, respectively, while focus is on the video player. Note that the shifted "," key is the "<" symbol and the shifted "." key is the ">" symbol.
Hello, after switching to the English keyboard layout, these abbreviations work. Thank you very much.