Weather Gods 1.8
Our 1.8 release should be hitting the store by now.
It's taken longer than we expected, Siri proved challenging with Voiceover for us, but I think we got there in the end with the help of our iOS12 beta testers.
The main changes are:
- we remastered the weather sounds with higher quality samples, updated some of the existing and added some new ones. We hope you like them! You can listen to all the sounds in the weather sounds section that is linked from the about screen.
- four weather shortcuts for Siri, including what we believe is unique, and that is the ability to ask Siri how the weather is sounding (iOS12 only)!
- the watch complications now update every 30 minutes
- we have added the option of including sunrise, sunset and place name as part of the complication (modular and smart voiceover)
- the GPS tracking on the watch complication should be improved, although we are still tweaking for some edge cases
- follow me should be quicker at reporting the notification when you arrive at your destination
- our widget now includes the UV high for the day
We also added support for the new iPhones and the Series 4 watch. You can now choose the smart Voiceover complication for the Infograph and Infograph modular watch faces.
Hopefully, you are enjoying Weather Gods and liking the update. If you haven't left a review yet then we would love to get some feedback on the App Store please as it helps our sales and allows us to keep the app running.
Finally, a massive thank you to our beta tester and translators. The app would not be where it is today without your testing, feedback and suggestions. Thank you!
Have a great weekend!
Hey Scott! I can't wait to dig in!! Could you please tell me where the siri shortcuts are so that I can look for and enable them? Thanks in advance!
There are a few hoops to jump through to get them to show up ...
1. Launch the update - this allows us to let Siri know about the shortcuts
2. Goto phone settings and swipe to Siri & Search
3. Swipe to 'All Shortcuts'
4. Search for 'weather gods'
5. Swipe down and you will find our shortcuts.
6. We have four: 'Weather Sounds', "Rain Today?", "Snow Today?" and "Sunscreen Today?"
Hopefully, that's enough to get them going for you?
I will test and see. I am sure that it will work. Thanks for all the work you put in the app. Just iin case
Did it. Added the 3 shortcuts. Nice, cool, and great.
Thanks for verifying Holger :)
Any feedback on the weather sounds shortcut?
Follow your direction without any problem. After doing the shortcuts, use siri and it work. Easy and sweet.
Thank you Scott! I definitely will be using them! I can’t wait to see what else this app, and other apps do with Siri shortcuts! As always, please keep up the excellent work!
More shortcuts in the pipeline :)