I have been told that many users are still experiencing problems getting the VoiceBook app to work. The symptom that I am hearing the most of is a message stating that it can't connect to VoiceBook, make sure you have a internet connection, etc. It then mentions an error code of "2500 AuthError"
I have been trying to come up with a fix for this. Some people say they have uninstalled and cleared their safari cache, then reinstalled and it works. Others are saying that does not work.
I was finally able to reproduce the issue and came up with a fix, although it was a bit complex. I am posting it here hoping that anyone experiencing this issue that is willing can give it a try and let me know if it works. The process is:
1. Remove VoiceBook from the phone.
2. Log onto Facebook. I did this from an actual computer, but the app may allow you to do this as well, but I haven't tested it yet.
3. Open Facebook's settings section and navigate to the "Apps" section.
4. Remove VoiceBook as an authorized application.
5. Download VoiceBook VO from the app store again.
6. Open the app and go through the new user screens. It should ask you to authorize the app again. Go through the authorization process.
7. VoiceBook will then launch as usual. It may pop up a few error messages about bad authorization, but after a few retries it starts working again.
One last note: Both of these possible fixes include uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Be aware that if you have purchased the upgrade, that you'll have to go through the process of purchasing the upgrade again. The good news here is that Apple remembers that you have already paid for it, and will not charge you again, although it sure looks like they are going to based on the wording of the prompts.