This thread is closed. Please see the earlier and more complete discussion here:
I use Seeing AI maybe once a week or so. Lately, it seems like, 1 out of every 3 times I open the app, I have to dismiss about a half dozen agreement and informational dialog boxes.
For example. Let's say I've got a jar in front of me and I want to read the bar code. Here's what happens.
1. I open Seeing AI and need to dismiss a dialog telling me about new features.
2. I'm presented with a use agreement. I need to check the box and select continue.
3. Now on the short text screen, I'm given an instructional dialog telling me how to use it. I'd love to just flick twice to the product screen, but instead I have to select the done button, then flick to the document screen.
4. Like the short text screen, I now have another dialog telling me how to use the document screen. So I need to select the done button and flick up to the product screen.
5. But I still can't use the product screen. First, I need to dismiss yet another instructional dialog.
6. Finally, I can scan the bar code. It turns out my jar is peanut butter. Yay!
I can understand why an app developer might think all these dialogs are useful, informative, and legally necessary the first time I install and open the app. But I've been a Seeing AI user since it was first released, and repeatedly being subjected to this barrage of unnecessary barriers to usage has become incredibly frustrating.
Anyone got a similar app they recommend? The two features I really need are short text and product. And maybe currency. Any app that has those features, without all this dialog insanity, I'd be willing to pay real money for.