Hope all’s well. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so, know how to rectify.
On occasion, I need to hand my iphone 6s to a fully sighted person for one reason or another. I triple click the home button and voiceover disables. That’s all fine…. But when the fully sighted person types in Safari, Whatsapp and Facebook, a voice echo speeks whatever is being typed. Even though voiceover has been switched off. I’m using iOS10.2.
Try the following steps
Try the following steps:
1. Open settings.
2. Flick to the right with one finger until you hear "general."
3. Double tap on general.
4. Flick to the right until you hear "accessibility."
5. Once you are there, scroll down and double tap on "speech."
6. Double tap on typing feedback.
7. In the typing feedback settings, make sure that character feedback and other settings are turned off.
Hope this helps and good luck!
I think you almost certainly have changed some of the speech settings outside of Voiceover in Accessibility settings.
Apart from voiceover iOS offers other speech services such as Speak Screen and speak selection. Amongst these settings there are also options to echo typing. I think you may have enabled this here believing you are making a setting for Voiceover but of course it is separate. Voiceover will overide these settings if active but if you turn Voiceover off for any reason they will assert their behaviour again which is probably why your phone is speaking as text is entered.