Not Getting Picture Details in Photos App
Hello to all,
Now I am not quite sure if I am hellucinating or perhaps this got changed in iOS 11.2.5, but I do recall that when in the Photos app on my iPhone, if I did a three finger single tap on either the thumbnail or after I would open a picture, VoiceOver would give me details, such as whether the picture was sharp or blurry, dim or bright or if faces were in the picture.
Now since iOS 11.2.5, when I do this, I get nothing, just hear VoiceOver say that the picture is number X of X (well for me it says Photo 52 of 54, just generalized it).
Am I missing something here? Perhaps the gesture has changed to something else, or a setting that is toggled off and needs to be changed? Can anyone out there confirm that they are experiencing the same or perhaps have an answer?
Would appreciate the help!
1) you remember it wrong. prior to ios 11, you get the descriptive info by one finger tap, not three.
2) since ios 11, you use 3 finger tap to get thesame info if it works (see below). this is actually a regression, not an improvement. one finger is easier than three..
3) i said "if it works", because sometimes it simply doesn't, that's how buggy ios has become.
4) interestingly, there are some other feature you can tap, but it won't do you any good, such as show the map where the picture picture taken. ironically, the same feature works perfectly with many third party apps. and of course apple has known about this for years, but they refused to make any improvement.
5) you might wonder why i don't have many good things to say about apple lately, that's because i believe ios has gone downhill since ios 7 and never recover. think about this, would you dare drive an autonomous car made by apple given how buggy their software is?
Hi. Here's something you can try. You can turn screen curtain off. But, I was going to suggest you open the photo & make it full-screen. That way, voiceover can focus better on it. It depends on a lot of factors (lighting for example) where the photo was taken. But, I'd open the photo, make it full-screen & then 3-finger tap on it. And if anything else, sometimes, if I swipe back & then swipe back to the photo. Sometimes that makes a difference.
I'm sure this feature will get improved in future ios. versions. Hope this helps.
Hi LaBoheme, just to clarify, in my post I didn't talk about iOS 10. I knew that in iOS 10, if you focused VoiceOver on a picture, whether it was the thumbnail, or enlarged, you would get the photos details.
I was specifically referring to only iOS 11. Since iOS 11, you could get the picture details by focusing on it and doing a three finger single tap. This worked fine for me until iOS 11.2.5, now it doesn't seem to work anymore. So I wasn't sure if I was the only one encountering this issue or if this was happening for everyone.
It was simpler when you could just focus on a picture and get those details, but I dont find it anymore of a pain to just do a three finger single tap. Either way works for me, as long as I get the details.
Alright, so I don't know what happened but it appears that my glitch was one of those random ones. I've just checked my photos and now, when doing the three finger single tap, I'm getting the details again.
Got to love technology!
Photos aren’t described in photo app in IOS 11.2.5.
Alright, so a small update. It appears that it seems to stop working from time to time. I've had it work fine one day and then stop working on another day. Still haven't figured out exactly what seems to be causing the issue but will report it to Apple.