New FlickType update with text replacements shortcuts!
Hi FlickType Friends! We've been hard at work this last week building out some of the most requested features such as text replacement shortcuts, spelling feedback when navigating by the cursor, speech feedback without VoiceOver, and more!
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile! Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.
- Reading back your text with a 3-finger press can now also be done with 2-fingers. This should allow Accessibility Zoom users to utilize this feature, which previously conflicted with the zoom gestures.
- Words will now also be spelled after moving the cursor.
- Added voice feedback when VoiceOver is disabled.
- Add setting to toggle "Voice Feedback", enabled by default.
- Fixed dictionary capitalization issue for automatically added words. Thanks, David!
- Gesture bugfixes.
Thank you for supporting FlickType, and please tell your friends if you are enjoying it: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flicktype/id1359485719?mt=8