Need help with using the messages app under iOS 10
I am a totally blind person who until recently used my Messenger app often.
As you know we all had the ios10 update and since that day I cannot use this app at all as I cannot find my latest messages or know where I shoulld write if starting a new one.
My local store told me the app had been changed but could nut show me what to do as they did not use it often themselves.
Please advise Kind regards
Try the following steps:
1. Open the messages app.
2. Swipe to the right until you hear "compose button."
3. Double tap the compose button.
4. Double tap on the address field.
5. You can also double tap "add contact" that brings up a list of contacts that you previously added.
6. Find the contact that you want to send a message to.
7. Double tap on the contact and you will be taken back to the compose window.
8. Swipe right until VoiceOver says "message, text message text field is editing."
9. Double tap on the text field.
10. Type the message you want to send.
11. Double tap the send button.
Hope this helps.
If you are sending to another iPhone, it says iMessage. also knote the Send button is between the "O" and "P", there's also a "Record audio" button. Tapping this will let you speak then send the audio file. You need to hold, speak, then when you're done, about halfway down is the send button. Try exploring by touch. If you are thinking about the app store, I haven't gotten that working yet.
Hi Alan, I use Siri to send my messages. I'll say, "Send message to ..." And Siri will say, "What do you want to say to..." And I just dictate my message, Siri reads it back, and asks if I'm ready to send it. Just another option for messages.