looking for accessible calendar apps paid or free
Hi, what are some good calendar apps? They can be paid or free. Why do you like your choice? I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks.
YIt isn't enough for you xcalendar app in ios?
I can't understand it!
Though it is your choice.
I do use Fantastical on Mac, iOs, IPad OS and Watch.## Why?
- It has natural language support. So I can type / say something like "lunch with peter tomorrow at 15 in KFC /pers" And it generates an event titled Lunch, timed accordingly, sends invitation to peter and tags the event with a geocoded location, putting it to my personal calendar, thats the "/pers" part in the sytacs.
- The natural language support can do trickier things as well, for example "staff meeting every 3rd thursday at 11:30 for 20 minutes on zoom /team" And it creates a zoom link, in our staff shared calendar and generates the events.
- Support for conference software. If I get an invite to an online meeting, the meeting shows up in my calendar automatically after me accepting it. When the event starts, in the notification or in the event view, Fantastical shows me ""join" button which automatically joins me to the event, without me needing to search emails or notes for a zoom link. I can also set up zoom / teams / google meet / skype business meetings in the calendar app while creating an event as well.
- Multiple calendar support. I have something around 15 different calendars. Various work related calendars, family, personal, friends, events ETC. I have set up views in Fantastical which allows me easily to toggle between them. For example, I am currently on holiday, so I activate the "not at work" view, which hides the work related stuff from my calendar. When one of my devices sees me at the office though, it automatically would activate the "at work" view, hiding our family and friends calendars.
- Supports tasks. Although I don't use this personally anymore, Fantastical can act as a task manager as well, integrating with iOs reminders, Google reminders, Todoist and lots more. Again, the same natural language support works here perfectly. Just write "todo tell benny to stop eating all the bacon tomorrow when at work" and the magic happens.
- Incredible support via Siri shortcuts on iOs.
- Imo it's easier to navigate with VO than iOs and Mac calendar apps.
- It integrates with lots of calendar services you might need.
- Ability to set up optional times. When setting up a meeting, you can create multiple optional timeslots for it. This saves you from arguing with everyone in huge e-mail chains about when do we make this. Just add all your available times in the meeting and Fantastical sends everybody invited a message with the options, they pick one and the time with most votes wins and gets added to everybodys calendar.
- When you subscribe, weather gets added to your calendar. it's a very much nice to have feature, but I love seeing what is the weather like during a day when I am planning something.
hi, I love this app, I use my calendar a lot and this app is easy to use and more accessible than the native calendar app, which is frequently weird with VoiceOver.
Hello. Wow! After reading your comment, you've inspired me to get this app. So far I'm loving it. One question, do I have to have the Apple callendar app installed as well as this app?
Thank you so much. :-)
I also got Card Hop. It's really cool. Love that this developer is making everything accessible.
Hi, do you have the link? is there a subscription you need to do? if so are you subscribed?
Hi, here is the link, but don't know if it is going to function for you as I have the Mexican App Store.
the developer Is called: Procrasty, hope this helps.
Yep that worked. All I had to do was change MX for Mexico to US for USA and it worked. Does it work good with Voice Over?
NO, you don't need apple calendar to be present on your system. What Fantastical does during initial setup is just looks at the calendars already set up in your Apple calendar app, and imports them. You can freely delete apple calendar, if you wish to do so.
Month calendar 2 does not seem to be in the Mac app store, and card hop appears to be a contact app, not a calendar app.
I never said it was available for macOS as the forum topic is for iOS and iPadOS.
it works perfectly in iOS, but I have to tell that in iPadOS is not that perfect, but you could deal with it, just the interface works different as it is enhanced for the iPad screen.
Oh ok nice. Good to know. Since I'm just starting to use the app, is it ok if I keep in contact with you in case I have any questions? If so, what's the best way to stay in contact?
Thank you so much
Sorry for the confusion... I know that Card Hop is a contact app... I was just saying that I downloaded that yesterday and starting to use it. Really cool.
Shure. Just shoot me a DM on twitter @jakobrosin or use one of the options in my profile here. I might not keep up to date with this thread so if any specific questions, let me know.
Ok sounds good. Thanks