Hi everyone, I'm the developer of Keybuild, an app I work on in my free time for building your own keyboard. I make it a point to support tools like VoiceOver by default, but I've specifically had feedback that the app has been working well for VoiceOver users, so this week's upcoming update is focused on optimising the VoiceOver experience. I'm linking to it here in the hopes of getting some feedback on the changes, the update notes for which are included in this post. The update should hopefully make Keybuild a bit more accessible to new users, though I'm sure there's still more I could be doing.
I'm making this update available for free on Testflight until Friday (14th), at which point the release will roll out to users, and the Testflight link will stop accepting new users. Testflight builds then expire automatically after about a month and a half.
Both posts to this thread, and Testflight feedback are set to go straight to my email inbox.
Here are the links:
The Testflight link has now been disabled. Testflight link.
Here are the update notes. They include the unicode bullet point character which iOS's speak selection seems to have trouble with, reading the first as a comma and ignoring the rest. It's pretty standard for update notes to use this character, I'm surprised that's a thing. Anyway, update notes are as follows:
The VoiceOver once-over!
• Added a Direct Input mode option to the in-app Settings page.
• VoiceOver now announces when the active pane changes, to provide confirmation and to match the stock keyboard.
• The "Toggle Editor" button has changed to "Show/Hide Editor".
• VoiceOver now announces where the editor will appear, when pressing "Show Editor".
• Custom back buttons in the editor panel now have their labels prefixed with "Back to ".
• Enable/disable shift preview labels are now the correct way round. Sorry about that!
• Resolved a minor memory leak.
• The keyboard extension now fails safely in a few situations which should never happen.