Just updated my iPhone 12 to IOS 17, thought it would fix a lot of issues I was facing with my device. Even the one I extensively wrote on here: https://www.applevis.com/forum/ios-ipados/updated-trouble-automations-when-triggered-shortcuts-ios-166
Not sure why you can't Hyperlink words when posting here on the forum?
Well I was excited to discover that there are new alert sounds with the update including one called Droplet. The challenge is that I did not set Droplet to be an alert tone for any of my apps. and now I get this sound notification and I have no clue for which app. it is!
I have very few apps. I have set sound notifications ON; the rest are just send to notification center and banner. From the ones that are critical are What app. and Teams. These apps have in app. notification settings and I checked to them being set right just as I would want them to be. Both these apps. don't have droplet as the sound alert, in fact the new alert tones cannot be found in those apps.
Now the worry and challenge is that I don't get sound alerts/ notifications for those apps. to think that the droplet alert was for those apps. would be wrong, however, I did check those apps. when I got the droplet sound alert. Tried to match any unread notifications with the time stamp of the notification to the time I received the alert; they do not match and I have received the droplet sound alert even when there were no unread messages on either app.
Is this an issue that is faced by someone else? I wouldn't know unless you comment on this post. Other noticeable changes that are just there to annoy me after the update are:
1. In the Phone app. when you go to your contacts and open any contact, swipe right, VoiceOver reads the company name and then the name of the contact. Visually it is not so. Earlier VO would read the contact name and then the company name
2. Try adding an email ID for the contact; the label changes to Home instead of Email. One has to edit the contact scroll to the email field and manually reselect the Email label
3. Those automations that have speak text action in them, the challenge I listed at the beginning of the post are still there and are extremly disturbing!
4. On IOS 16.6.1 and now on 17; still cannot delete the downloaded Siri Voices no matter which language. This is also mentioned in the link post at the beginning of the post. Here is how I am going about deleting the voices: Settings/ accessibility/ spoken content/ voices/ English. Here is something funny there is a edit button which actually is a dummy button, it does not matter if you hit it or not, you can still delete the voices provided that Siri voice is not used by VO or Siri. I have tried with edit button and without, I can delete the voices but as soon as I am off that screen and doing something else on the phone and get back, the voices are back!
5. When composing a text message and adding a contact to the TO field of the message the suggested contacts show up which you can read by swiping right. So this contact is on an android phone and does not have iMessage, then why does the suggested contact read like Contact Name, iMessage followed by their number? This is misleading as it confused me if it's going to send a text or iMessage to this contact of mine?
Sorry this is a long post, I have still not covered the other crazy happenings with my phone. I have tried resetting, restoring and also visiting a service center to check up on it just to ensure it's not a hardware issue; which it cannot be because all hardware functions work as expected. So this is a software issue and it's just not going away no matter what I tried and was recommended by the good folks at apple phone support. I have sent them screen shots, recordings and also spent hours with them by screen sharing. I am really tired with these issues, once I asked Siri to send a text message and instead of sending a text message it sent out a What app. message! Once I asked Siri to play the Eagles, it ended up playing the beatles; trust me I like both the bands but I wanted to hear Eagles and not the Beatles...