iOS 12.0.1

Forum
iOS and iPadOS

FYI. Apple just release update for iPhone. iOS 12.01 is out and I just installed it.

Options

Comments

Submitted by Patrick Smyth on Thursday, October 11, 2018

Can anyone confirm that they fixed the regression that prevents opening notifications when you phone doesn't have a passcode or fingerprint ID?

Submitted by tunmi13 on Thursday, October 11, 2018

I thought that talking about beta software on here was restricted. Have they changed the guidelines?

Submitted by jrjolley (not verified) on Thursday, October 11, 2018

In reply to by tunmi13

That's an easy mistake to make. I can't help the second poster with regard to the passcode because I always have had one.

Submitted by Holger Fiallo on Thursday, October 11, 2018

FYI. It is not a beta. I am not involve in the beta testing. Yesterday I check updates just fun and iOS 12.01 show up and I was ask to install.

Submitted by charles on Thursday, October 11, 2018

In reply to by Holger Fiallo

It is not a beta. One thing that has been fixed is the bug that caused iPhones newer than last year's iPhone 10 to not charge when inserting a lightning cable. As for the behavior of phones that have no password, I don't see why anyone would be so careless to not safeguard their stuff, so I can't say if that bug was fixed or not. If you're smart, set up a password.

Submitted by Ekaj on Thursday, October 11, 2018

Just started the update process. For some reason I wasn't notified via the auto-update setting, so it's good that a neighbor friend informed me last evening about this. It asked me for my passcode, which took me 4 tries to get right. I tell you, these really get ya every single time! But all is working thus far.

Submitted by Patrick Smyth on Friday, October 12, 2018

Thanks very much for checking for me.