A very gracious hello to all of you!
I am a developer working on the iOS application Strava. We strive to provide a robust set of features so that any athlete has a place to track their activities and interact with other link-minded individuals. We are a social network that primarily targets runners, cyclists and triathletes but we're rapidly expanding features to appeal to all types of athletic types.
Accessibility isn't a feature. It is not something that we have in a long priority queue patiently waiting for developer attention. It is much more important than that. Accessibility is something that provides equal access to all and as such cannot be prioritized using normal means. This is where I come in. Since starting at Strava roughly 7 months ago, I've been able to introduce a number of (significant, I hope!) accessibility improvements into the iOS application. I'd like to take it a step further though. I want to do it and do it right. This is where I need the AppleVis community's help, if you any of you are so willing. I would love for you to download and try out our (free) application, and put it through it's paces. Then, come back here and let me have it! Seriously! If it's atrocious, or just mediocre, I want to know! If it's great, I'll take that too, though. Smiles.
I eagerly await responses and any feedback any of you may have! ... And feel free to contact me directly at the email listed below.
Software Quality Engineer
If you're interested in more information and a better description, I am pasting below the application description as listed in the app store. I'm sure it provides information in a much more eloquent manner than I could.
<strong>Description of App:<strong>
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
iOS 8 Health Integration: Strava can now sync data with the new iOS 8 Health app as well as other health and fitness apps that are participating. This service is optional.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.