How do you delete audio books in Audible?
Hi. Deleting a book from my iPhone seems like a hit and miss.
I followed instructions to the letter. But the roto-control doesn't offer an actions option: just characters, words, containers, and headings. I tried them all.
All the sightie answers include clicking on three red dots, which VoiceOver doesn't speak. Dammit-janet, this is frustrating!
The Audible app has changed dramatically since this forum topic was created. Here is how audiobooks are deleted now:
1. Go to the library tab in the app.
2. Double-tap the Delete button near the top of the screen.
3. Look for the audiobook you want to delete in the list.
4. Swipe once to the left. VoiceOver should be on an element called Delete from Device. Be sure to swipe left, not right, or else you will delete the wrong audiobook.
5. Double-tap. After a short delay, VoiceOver should say Delete from Device again.
6. Double-tap again. The audiobook is now gone.
7. Go back to the top of the screen and double-tap the Delete button again. This will take you out of delete mode, although VoiceOver does not make this clear.
I hope one day Audible can bring back the ability to delete audiobooks with the actions rotor, like you used to years ago, and I even suggested it a while back when giving them feedback, but so far they haven’t done it.