google docs not working with bluetooth keyboard
Recently I tried to work with a google docs document using my iPhone and iPad with voiceover. I found I am unable to edit the document because I do not receive any feedback concerning key movement.
Is anyone else seeing this? I am updated to the latest version of the software.
There is a bug that does that in multi-line edit fields on Safari with IOS 10.x. If you try setting your rotor to character and flick up and down on the screen, and it wont do anything or gets stuck and reads everything in the field, then it might be the same bug. I've read the work around is to turn VO off then on, but I haven't tried it yet. You might try editing one of your posts here on Apple Vis in Safari to see if you have the Safari bug, then report it to Apple.
I am unable to reproduce the issue.
Are there any specific steps to reproduce?
Hello, Here are the steps I use and have the google docs keyboard issue in my previous post. Note: in all these steps the devices iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4 are up-to-date with respect to both operating system and application software.
1. Either open google docs and navigate to a previously created document (it does not matter if it was created under iOS or another platform such as on a computer).
2. Be sure you are in edit mode.
3. Attempt to type something in to the edit field.
4. I hear key sounds and what sounds as though there is a swishing sound which I was wondering if it might be the onscreen keyboard so I make sure this is not visible.
4. Try to navigate using the keyboard and you should hear nothing.
I have used both my logitec k760 and a borrowed apple wireless keyboard with similar results but have been later able to edit the same document and type in it using my Braille display.
Thanks for any help.
John, I updated to the latest in operating system and docs and am using a Zagg ruggid book keyboard case. I do hear the swishing sound but have no problems with editing or feedback. The one thing I am noticing is that my settings for keyboard echo aren't being used by google docs. I hear character feedback rather than word which is how I have it set. otherwise all is working well. I demoed it for a client yesterday.