I am a high school student and app developer and I created an OCR application called Voice that I plan to keep free forever and I would love some feedback so that I can make it as easy to use as possible. I am not blind or low vision, but I really want to help the community. So if you could take the time to give any feedback or suggestions, I would really love it. To use voice, you can simply take a picture of a document or anything with text and Voice will read it for you. Here are some of the features of Voice:
1. Fully compatible with Voice-Over.
2. Field of view report where it detects whether the document is in view, and if it is, it will say "Four corners detected".
3. If the automatic capture feature is turned on in settings, the app will find the document using the camera, and automatically take a picture when the document is in view, without any user interaction.
4. If an image is taken at a slight angle, it will fix the perspective distortion and align the image properly.
5. If the image is of a curved surface, it will adjust the image to straighten it.
6. Book mode which allows the user to take multiple photos, and it will read the photos one after another. The great thing with this feature is that while the first photo is being read, the second is being processed and so on.
7. If the image is too bright, or not bright enough, the app will correct the brightness of the image before processing.
8. Vertical and horizontal column detection for reading different columns in a newspaper; the app does this automatically.
9. Only a 6 megabyte install size.
So those are some of the features of Voice. The photos are only saved temporarily. Once the app has finished reading, the photos are automatically deleted.
I hope you find this application helpful, as I am planning to keep it free forever and just wanted to build it to help people who really need something like this for free. I am open to any suggestions; in fact, please be as brutal as you want so that I can really do some good with this app. Thank you for your time.
Here is the link to the app on the iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/voice-take-picture-have-it/id903772588?mt=8
And to contact me personally, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time and I hope this would be helpful.