I'm the developer of Four Down, a crossword app for iPad. During development I spent a lot of time trying to make it as accessible as possible using VoiceOver. I'd love to know what the AppleVis community thinks of it, particularly if there are areas where the accessibility could be improved so that I can try to address them in a future update.
If you'd like to try out the app, here's a few promo codes that you can use. First come, first served:
Thanks for your time.
I hope to try it out.
Incredible job Andy
Thanks for taking a look
From A blind Crossword Enthusiast
New version supports iPhone too
Hi, Siobhan. It's a universal
Thank you, Andy.
I just bought this app for my iPhone
Great to have developers here
Suggestion and bug report
The podcast would be very helpful.
Maya it's easier then you think.
Crossword 101 question Hi
One other idea Hi again, I
2.0.1 is now available
Thank you soo much for asking for our feedback!
New update available
Kudos, Suggestions and Questions
Kudos on creating a great app. I've been playing with it ever since you offered it for freee recently.
I do have a few suggestions/questions:
1. Give some instructions for play in the Help section - especially describing the Fill functions. These may seem obvious, but, until I read this forum, I thought it was how the word moved from the clue section to the grid.
2. Part of my confusion in #1 is due to the fact that, for a blind user, when you click "Fill answer" you are sent to the next clue. There is nothing telling you what just happened. Could you please add something like, "1 across. A thorny flower filled with R-O-S-E"
3. I am having trouble when I want to move between letter boxes. Sometimes it says it says it has moved to the next letter box and sometimes it moves to the next letter on the keyboard. If I tap in the top half of the display to make sure the focus is on the boxes, I often end up in another clue altogether. Is there a special swipe for the boxes?
4. When I enter a clue answer incorrectly, I can't figure out how to empty one or more boxes. Keeping in mind, that I don't want to empty any boxes that are filled by another clue.
5. I like the way it tells me what clue the correct letters are from, but it would be even MORE useful if it told me where the WRONG ones are from so I can correct them.
6. As I move down the list of clues, I can't tell which clues I've checked and found correct and which are still wrong. Could the be a setting for "Clear incorrect letters afterCheck Answer"?
You're doing a great job - not only technically, but your customer service ethic is to be admired.