Discussing IOS 13.1
Is it now permissible for those beta testing IOS 13.1 to discuss it on this site? It would be nice to know what bugs are resolved in 13.1. I would think it would be OK to discuss because, with IOS 13.1 coming out on 9/24, the current beta release would be the Gold Master and, as I understand it, Apple is OK with the Gold Master being talked about on this sight. That is why they were able to post about IOS 13 before the public release.
Due to Apple's weird release timeline - and particularly its decision to move the iOS 13.1 release date forward - there is some uncertainty over whether the last iOS 13.1 beta is indeed the GM. The size of the download and the fact that it still installs the Feedback app would normally be a sign that it is not the GM.
Our expectation is that beta 4 is not the GM, and that the final release next week will include further fixes (you only need to look at some mainstream sites to see just how buggy 13.0 is for most users, and that Apple will want to resolve as much as possible with 13.1 ... and is probably why its release was bumped forward, so that 13.0 would be in people's hands for the shortest time possible.
On that basis, we need to ask that people refrain from discussing the iOS 13.1 beta for the time being.
Hopefully we'll hear something definitive over the next couple days, so we can open discussion up .
Hi. So far i've heard about tons of bugs in the first rlease of 13. Is it better to wait til 13.1 comes out on the 24th then update from latest 12 to 13.1?
I have seen tons of forum topics covering all sorts of issues people are having with the current release.
It's going to be a personal decision that will depend upon your use case, tolerance of bugs, and whether you generally like to have new versions as soon as possible. But, with 13.1 due for release on 24 September, waiting that short time would give you a much better experience.
We would suggest that you browse the list of known bugs and decide how many of them are likely to effect or bother you: https://www.applevis.com/blog/accessibility-bugs-introduced-and-resolve…
Personally, I'm holding out until Tuesday when 13.1 is out. I'm not sure, but if many of the known issues are resolved, I'l go for it. Usually I update immediately when the new OS is out, but because of the bugs, I'm not willing to risk it. I'd rather hold out and have a working phone than freak out. If it's still bad, I'll hold out for 13.2. So I'm holding out. Thanks.
Our understanding now is that the final public release of iOS 13.1 should bring no further VoiceOver or braille fixes to those already present in beta 4, which effectively makes beta 4 the GM.
On that basis, our updated answer to the original question in this thread is that it's now fine to discuss and share on here any information on what fixes or regressions are coming with iOS 13.1.
As always, thank you to the AppleVis team for all of their hard work. It is truly appreciated.
Will there be a blog post discussing the features and fixes that are new with iOS 13.1?
Every time they release a new iOS version, major or miner, Applevis usually posts a blog to let us know of any accessibility changes.
Hi All, Now that we've been given the green light to talk about IOS 13.1 issues.... I've been experiencing several apps crashing upon launch ever since Apple switched us from the 13.0 to the 13.1 beta cycle in August. Apps such as the paid version of Nearby Explorer (the free online version seems to work fine), Envision AI,, and LastPass always crash and I get thrown back to the home screen every time I attempt to launch. I've been reporting this to Apple via the feedback app with every single update of IOS 13.1. BTW, I'm using an iPhone Xr. Have any of you had similar experiences?
On my iPhone 8+ Envision AI also crashes after I double tap to open.
yes, as usual, the applevis team will post an article on what's new in iOS 13.1, as well as what bugs have been resolved in 13.1