There are times when I need to send an iMessage as a text message, but can’t work out how to do this. Selecting an iMessage once sent, then flicking on it until you get the option of sending as a text message, as one posts suggest doesn’t work as it doesn’t give me the option to send as a text message. Can anyone suggest any way of doing this?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Try these steps:.
1. Go to settings.
2. Scroll down and double tap messages.
3. Turn off iMessage.
4. Go back in the messages app and send your message as a text.
5. When you are done, turn iMessage on again.
6. If you are using your Apple Id for iMessage, your screen might say "waiting for activation."
7. That usually indicates you are signed in to iMessage with your Apple Id.
Hopefully in iOS 10 Apple might find a way to put a "send as text message" option in the messages app.
Thanks, that's what I currently do. I was hoping there was a simpler and less fidlly way to achieve the same thing.
You cannot do this until the
You cannot do this until the iMessage fails. You simply go to the button that says not delivered, tap it, flick to send as text message and tap that. Now if you hear sent as text message not send as text message it already did it for you.