Accessible measuring apps?
Does anyone know about any measuring apps that are accessible with VoiceOver?
I am taking manufacturing technology in school right now.
it is very good, completely accessible, too.
How do you use it? I got it because there are times I want to measure things but do not have a measure tape that is accessible or in braille.
"hoe do you use it?"
i see you posted this on the 24th, hopefully you have figured it out on your own. i'll give you some hints, though:
1) virtual ruler measures the actual movement the device makes, it is good for measuring very short distance, especially things that are shorter than your device.
2) measuring distance surface on a line gives your the actual movement + the length of your device, i find this the easiest to operate and produces amazing accurate results. good enough to wood cabinets.
3) measuring the distance between two parallel surfaces is suitable for measuring long distance, like 20 feet or more. you can make wood cabinets with this, but it is surely more than enough for wall-to-tall carpeting.
4) measuring angle on between straight lines works like a protractor.
5) measuring angle between spaces works like the leveler in the native compass app
Is there an accessible tutorial on using this app with voiceover, as I can't seen to grasp the concept, do I actually hold the device against what I'm measuring simular to a measuring tape?
Sorry if this seems obvious