New audio games upcoming - www.audiogame.it portal
My name is Mirko Venturi, I am the product manager in TiconBlu for the Audio Games, which have become a cornerstone of TiconBlu’s activity.
Some of you could know us already if you played Inquisitor Audio Game Adventure, the first chapter in the Audio Game saga of Eymerich Inquisitor.
The reason I am writing to you is because of a number of good news we have.
1) The Italian versions of the Inquisitor Audio Game Adventure 2 “The Village” and of the Inquisitor Audio Game Adventure 3 “Sisters in the dream” has been released already and available for purchasing. We will complete the dubbing for the English version by the end of May ’14 – it is going to be huge.
2) We have launched our new portal for Audio Games, www.audiogame.it, with Italian and English versions available. We will promote all our Audio Games there. In addition to the 3 titles from the Inquisitor saga, there will be 3 more very soon: “Inquisitor’s Heartbeat” (despite its title reminds the others, it’s completely different), “She Noire” (casual adventure, detective story, hidden-object) and “AudioSpeed” (starship racing with tracks all over the galaxy).
Our plan is to have them all out available in English before the end of this summer.
The best way for you to stay up to date is to check our Audio Games portal out: we will add the podcasts of the teaser trailers, of the games descriptions, and how you will play with them. You are also going to be able to subscribe to our newsletter to be advised by email.
3) We are going to start a new project soon, a car racing audio game, it’s going to be super. I cannot tell you much about it by now, as there is still a lot to be decided.
Developing the first Audio Game has been a very tough experience for us. It took an enormous amount of work, it required us to come up with a type of video game which is pretty much unprecedented, and a lot of money (dubbing is VERY expensive).
But at the same time it has been great. Even considering it wasn’t certainly perfect, you people liked our debut title very much, we received fantastic feedback and really felt a lot of enthusiasm about it.
We hope you will continue to support us as you have been doing so far, and even more:
- Buying our products! Remember we are a private company, not subsidized at all, it’s completely up to us to fund what we want to develop: our primary target then is to reach the break-even point (i.e. sell enough to at least cover expenses).
- Spread the word about them! The more people get to know us, the better.
We are firmly willing to continue producing video games that not only are accessible to blind and visually impaired people, but are also TRUE video games, just like the mainstream games we develop for the International market.
We count on you, please stay with us in the pursue of this revolutionary path. And feel free to contact me for any questions you might have!
Thanks for your attention,
Product manager, Audio Games
TiconBlu S.r.l., Italy
Hello, I have one question: will the games be free or shareware? Thank you for announcement.
If you go on the audio game.it portal site and look up the games that are upcoming, they state that they are shareware. I don't know about the games that are coming soon yet, as they have not yet listed a price point. I am looking forward to these games sooooo much when they are released in english dubs!
will the inquisitor 2 be a longer game than the first? is it in english in may or only completed in may?
when podcast out in english for intalian based games?
Hi Burak, Justin and Will,
thanks for your questions!
To burak and Justin: we are still working on pricing. For Eymerich 2 and Eymerich 3 we have a ton of dubbing to do, with a significant cost attached. We are thinking at something in the realms of 14,90 - 19,90, Euro or USD, we don't know yet. Most likely we will release early access versions and an introductory/promotional price. What do you think about it?
To Will: Inquisitor 2 (AKA Eymerich 2) will be available around mid/end of June, while the podcast will be available by the beginning of June.
We will update all of you with the final dates as soon as we define them!
Thank you again,
I think I'll wait till the final versions of these are out, but 14.99 to 19.99 for this type of game is reasonable. I definitely can't wait to see what comes out for the next installments of the inquisitor and the starship racing games. People need to put some time into developing racing games for the mac that are usable to us. Great job, Mirko! Look forward to seeing what comes next.
very much appreciated! We are truly committed to stun you all with TRUE GAMES!!! And we are confident we can do it, you'll tell us ;-)
thanks for this. will inquisitor 2 have more complicated puzzles, be longer, and more to explore?
looking forward to it.
wish spoke italian then would buy that version if could wink, or, if could get a french version of iq2
even better lol!!!
Yes, it is, it's about 20% longer. In addition to that, we have worked on a
number of things, more details and various improvements vs. chapter 1.
Plus it will feature 2 MAIN CHARACTERS: Introducing Jacinto Corona da
And, last but not least, we are honored to have a co-producer for this one,
magister Enea Stefano Cabra, he's blind, and will certainly help us to make it
even better this time!
Stay tuned, and thanks,
I just bought the inquisitor bundle and chapter 1 and chapter 2 both crash quite often why is this when I go to the courtyard on chapter 1 the game crashes.