My primary computer is a Dell 14z, running Win 7. Being that I have RP, I heavily utilize ZoomText 10.1 on this platform. My secondary PC is a Dell desktop mini-tower. It is an i5 with 8 GB RAM, 1.5 TB of HD space, running Win 10. I've installed ZT 10.1 on that machine as well. I had full intentions of migrating to the desktop and use the laptop on an as needed basis. That was a mistake.
ZoomText 10.1 and ZoomText Fusion on a Win 10 PC does not support Windows Edge nor does it support Google Chrome 64-bit (this was confirmed in an email from AISquared Tech Support). While using the Win 10 PC, I found Internet Explorer to run extremely slow as did some of the MS Office Suite apps. The poor performance was enough for me to reconsider using the Win 10 PC and now I'm back to using the laptop full time. Seems that ZoomText is not so fluid while running on a Win 10 platform.
That being said, I am thinking more and more about moving to an Apple MacBook Pro. Here are my questions and I hope that we can generate a lot of converstations on this so that it will help others who are also considering the same:
1. How well does AISquared's ZoomText product perform on the MacBook Pro?
2. The Touchbar seems to be a hot topic at this time. Many visual folks also believe it's a waste of money. Do you agree?
3. I would use Boot Camp so that I can continue to utilize some of my PC-based apps. Has this caused isses with any of you?
4. What, if anything, do you or did you find discouraging on the Mac OS platform?
5. Any others familiar with the ZT and Win 10 performance issues?
Thanks for taking the time to respond.