Made for iPhone hearing aids and Apple watch

Hardware and Accessories


Anyone out there using a pair of made for iPhone hearing aids with an Apple watch?

I am able to pair a pair of BT headset with the watch and VO is routed correctly. But I can’t seem to figure out how to route VO to the Has. Is this even possible?

I have a pair of Starky Halos and have the Trulink app installed on my watch.




Submitted by Tree on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I use a resound made for iphone model; and my experience is the same as yours. I can use the resound Apple watch app to change the settings on my hearing aid, but I don't get watch audio in it. I have not made too much of an effort to work this out, because I don't use my watch very much any more. One thing I wonder is if you can get music on your watch to play through the hearing aid; just an idea, that might help you trouble shoot.

Submitted by Dawn 👩🏻‍🦯 on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Hello. Have you tried looking at your settings app?

If you go to your settings app, then go to accessibility & swipe down you'll find a button for hearing. I'd poke around in there & see what you can find. I don't use hearing aids, but I've been in the accessibility settings, so that's how I know its there.

Submitted by david s on Thursday, February 2, 2017


Thanks for the comments. Things I learned when I called accessability team at Apple. You can choose the music you want to listen to while on hold. The team also reads this website. Cool. Now back to the topic.

It’s a limitation on the hearing aid’s BT. Doesn’t matter what brand, starky, resound or oticon. The Has are single point which means you can use it with the iPhone but not on the watch. Or vice versa. In other words, you can only do it on one device at a time.

I know you’re probably thinking what about hand off? Have you tried hand off from an iPhone to an iPad using your Has? The results are ugly. Either your Has loses connection to both devices or one will connect to the ipad while the other connects to the iphone.

An engineer will need to look into this and see what can be done.

HTH and good luck.