$7.99 -- allow your ipad charge directly from any PC?

Forum
Hardware & Accessories
Apple makes great products, but in the meantime, it's trying to take all the money it can make, which is quite annoying. I am sure lots of people already find out that you can't really charge your iPad via the USB port from your notebooks or desktops, unless you own a Macbook. That's why I did some research on the Market to find this RAVPower one. It's cheap, and I am happy with the purchase, but the product itself could be improved, especially the lack of sync function. And today, this fantastic ravpower ipad pc usb charger is on the front page for Eggxtra on newegg, only $7.99, really a big deal, will not hesitate to buy 2 more.

Options

Comments

Submitted by Michael Hansen on Friday, July 6, 2012

Member of the AppleVis Editorial Team
Hi, Just out of curiosity, why can't one charge the iPad from a Windows PC? I assume it has something to do with the iPad having a larger battery and requiring more power? Thanks, Michael

Submitted by billip on Friday, July 6, 2012

Hi, I wonder if the free Asus software solution charges the iPad slower than the hardware adapter. Here is the link to the free Asus solution: http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/ai_charger/ I have tried the software, and it does indeed change the iPad from "Not Charging" to a percentage that goes up slowly. I have heard before that the iPad charges even though it says "Not Charging", but if it does it does so REALLY slowly. Hope this helps!