UEB Braille Screen Input Problems
After changing the Braille screen input translation tables to UEB (unified English Braille), on my iPhone and iPad, I’ve noticed several frustrating Braille translation issues. For instance, if I want to type the word "you’re" or "there’s", VoiceOver will input "y’re" and "the’s" respectively. Also, if I type a contraction like "Braille" right before a close parenthesus it will translate to "Brl)" instead of "Braille)". Is this a common issue you guys are facing or is this a fluke on my end?
I use uncontracted because of these issues. It just prevents errors.
I haven't noticed this at all. Next time you're in BSI, swipe three fingers left or right twice. This should toggle between 6 dot and contracted input. I've found that, every so often, contracted input will start acting oddly. Switching to 6 dot, then back to contracted, seems to resolve the problem.
This has been an issue for a little while and was around when I used to use UK Braille instead of UEB. All you do is switch to six-dot and then back to contracted and the problem should be solved. I haven't mentioned it on a bugs list or anything because it was such a trifle it didn't bother me, but I suppose I should have flagged it as a bug.
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried switching between contracted and uncontracted braille input to see if the translation issues would sort themselves out, but they still seem to be there. I also noticed that in EBAE (the pre-unified US contracted braille code), these issues did not occur at all. I’ll email Apple accessibility about this and see what they respond.