Braille on IOS 10.2 is it me, or is this VERY BAD?

Braille on Apple Products

Hello, I have a Braille Sense Mini that I am using for a Braille Display. Recently, I upgraded to IOS10.2. However, I could not connect the display after trying all resets and restarts of both devices. I contacted Accessibility Support and was advised to download beta software, which I did. I now have a very slow Braille Display. I have an iPhone 5-c. Should I 1) get a new phone? 2)downgrade to version 10.1 or earlier? or 3) wait it out, and hope that there is a patch to fix it? Three would probably be my last choice, because I really miss the Braille. However it takes about 1 minute to type one word.



Submitted by AnonyMouse on Friday, December 30, 2016

Member of the AppleVis Editorial Team

Unfortunetly, I believe you are unable to downgrade back to 10.1.1 at this time. So once you have gone to 10.2. You are stuck at this version until another version comes out. Yes, as like with any beta. Beta are beta and you will find some things buggy until the public release is out. That is why we strongly encourage people to go back on AppleVis and see and what a particular version has brought to the table. When the 10.2 was released we had annouced that we strongly advised people not to update to 10.2 if you are a braille display users. Also, we highly encourage people not use their primary device for any beta testing for this reason. As for if a better and nwer phone would help. At this time it does not. So unfortunately you are stuck with the problem until another beta release comes out and that if the problem is addressed in that beta. Or, wait until the public release of 10.2.1 comes out. I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.

Submitted by venova on Friday, December 30, 2016

I do not have that problem on my focus 14 braille display but I still advice you to wait it out' it will be fixed in a later release'