When viewing an interactive notification from the Mail app, the context menu items “Delete” and “Mark Read” may on occasions not function when located by swiping.
Specifically, if you use the swipe gesture to move VoiceOver focus through the notification until it lands on a contextual menu item such as Delete, nothing happens when you then double tap with 1-finger.
Our assumption is that the screen is not scrolling correctly to reflect the movement of focus, meaning that the menu items are not visually present on screen when you attempt to use them.
This would appear to be supported by our ‘fix’ for this issue when it presents itself, which is to perform a 3-finger swipe up on the screen so, ‘dragging’ the menu items in to view.
This issue appears to be relatively rare and not related to the length of the notification or its formatting.
Steps to reproduce
1. Ensure that VoiceOver is enabled.
2. Ensure that notifications are enabled for the Mail app.
3. Send a number of email messages to your test email address - ideally with a mix of long and short body lengths.
4. Navigate to either the Lock Screen or Notification Centre.
5. Place VoiceOver focus on to one of the notifications from the Mail app )expanding the group of notifications if necessary).
6. Perform a long-press on the notification.
The interactive view of the notification should be activated.
7. Place VoiceOver focus on a UI element close to the top of the screen.
8. Swipe right with 1-finger repeatedly until VoiceOver focus lands on the “Delete” button. 9. Double tap with 1-finger.
You will find that on occasions nothing happens.
The same should be the case with other contextual menu items.
When this issue presents itself, performing a 3-finger swipe up on the screen appears to ‘drag’ these items in to view, which makes them work as expected.