When using drag and drop to rearrange the position of a shortcut in the Shortcuts app, VoiceOver does not provide meaningful feedback whilst dragging regarding where the shortcut will be placed when dropped.
Specifically, when in a folder of shortcuts and dragging a shortcut to a different position, as the shortcut is dragged VoiceOver announces feedback of its current position in the form of “Before Null” and “After Null”, where “Null’ should be the name of a shortcut.
Steps to reproduce
- Ensure that VoiceOver is enabled.
- Open the Shortcuts app.
- Navigate to a folder containing a number of shortcuts.
- Double tap and hold with 1-finger on a shortcut icon to activate ‘rearrange’ mode.
- Without lifting your finger from the screen, slide it across the screen so as to drag the selected shortcut icon to a new position.
- Listen to the feedback provided by VoiceOver as the ‘drop’ position of the shortcut changes.
You would expect to hear something in the form of “Before ShortCut name”, where ShortcutName is the name of the shortcut that the dragged shortcut will be placed before if dropped.
What actually happens is that the feedback from VoiceOver is in the form of “Before Null” and “After Null”.
Consequently, rearing shortcuts in to the desired location typically involves a lot of trial and error.