When selecting shortcuts in a folder in the Shortcuts app, VoiceOver does not speak the selection status of shortcuts.
Specifically, when you have activated Edit mode and chosen “Select Shortcuts” from the context menu, VoiceOver will not announce when a shortcut has already been selected when you place focus on to it.
Steps to reproduce
- Ensure that VoiceOver is enabled.
- Open the Shortcuts app.
- Navigate to a folder that contains a number of existing shortcuts.
- Double tap with 1-finger on the Edit button.
- Double tap with 1-finger on the “Select Shortcuts” option from the context menu.
- Place VoiceOver focus on to any shortcut listed in the folder.
- Double tap with 1-finger to select that shortcut.
- Swipe right with 1-finger to move VoiceOver focus to the next shortcut.
- Swipe left with 1-finger to move VoiceOver focus back to the selected shortcut.
You would expect voiceOver to indicate that the shortcut is selected by speaking something in the form of “ShortcutName selected”.
What actually happens is that VoiceOver speaks something in the form of “ShortcutName”.
This can make it difficult to track the selection statuses when attempting to make a number of selections.