- Ensure that VoiceOver is enabled.
- Ensure that some text has been copied to the clipboard.
- Open the Messages app.
- Double-tap with 1 finger on the Compose button.
- Place VoiceOver focus in to the message field.
- Check that the VoiceOver rotor is set to its Actions menu.
- Set the VoiceOver rotor Actions menu to the Edit menu.
- Flick up with 1 finger until VoiceOver says “Paste”.
- Double-tap with 1 finger.
You should find that the text on the clipboard has been pasted in to the message field. However, there is no feedback from VoiceOver to confirm this or to say what has been pasted.
If you place VoiceOver focus in to the ‘To’ field on this same screen and perform the steps above to paste the text from the clipboard, you will find that VoiceOver speaks the text after it has been pasted. This is also the expected behaviour in text fields elsewhere in iOS and apps.