“Show Context Menu” is in the VoiceOver Rotor's Action menu in several places system-wide but does nothing
As of iOS 13, Apple is deprecating 3D Touch in favor of a long press that will bring up what it calls a “Context Menu”. Unfortunately, there are numerous places system-wide where the VoiceOver rotor contains a “Show Context Menu” action on a UI element which does not support this feature.
A prime example is the App Store, where many UI elements will report that you can double-tap to show the Context Menu, but where a double-tap does nothing.
- Ensure that VoiceOver is enabled.
- Open the App Store and navigate to the Today tab.
- Place VoiceOver focus on to any app listed on this tab.
- Check that the VoiceOver Rotor is set to its Action menu.
- Flick up with 1 finger repeatedly to move through all items on the Actions menu.
You should find that “Show Context Menu” is one of the available menu items. However, it appears to do nothing.