The Misspelled Words tool is available from the VoiceOver rotor in Safari text fields, but does not work
When in a text field in Safari, the VoiceOver rotor's Action menu contains the Misspelled Words item. However, if accessed, it does not actually work - in that it does not locate misspelled words.
This means that VoiceOver users might falsely believe that there are no misspelled words.
Steps to reproduce:
- Ensure that VoiceOver is enabled.
- Open Safari.
- Navigate to a webpage that contains a text field.
- Place VoiceOver focus in the text field.
- Type some text containing one or more misspelled words.
- Set the VoiceOver rotor to the Misspelled Words item.
- Flick right/left with 1 finger.
This should take you to any misspelled words in the text.
Currently, VoiceOver will indicate that there are no misspelled words, even if there are indeed some.