It is not possible to mark certain actions as favorites in the system share sheet due to the "Insert" button and checkbox being interpreted as one element.
Specifically, when focusing on an action in the share sheet that can be enabled/disabled via a checkbox, VoiceOver announces the checkbox state and "Insert" as parts of a single UI element rather than separately. Double tapping toggles the checkbox but does not allow inserting the action as a favorite.
Steps to reproduce
- Turn on VoiceOver.
- Open an app that uses the share sheet (Safari, Photos, etc).
- Open the share sheet and select "Edit Actions".
- Move focus to an action with an enable/disable checkbox.
- VoiceOver announces the checkbox state and "Insert" together.
- Double tapping toggles the checkbox but does not insert the action as a favorite.
Expected: Users should be able to separately toggle the checkbox and insert actions.
Actual: The checkbox and insert button are combined, preventing adding some actions to VoiceOver favorites.
None with VoiceOver enabled.