Apple has today released macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, bringing new features and bug fixes.
Our testing of macOS 10.13.4 suggests that there is at least one fix for VoiceOver users in this release:
- VoiceOver once again speaks characters as you type in the Safari address bar.
We are currently unaware of any other accessibility-related changes, regressions or improvements in macOS 10.13.4. However, as we always stress, it is impossible for us to test all applications and use cases. Therefore, it is entirely possible that we have overlooked or are unaware of something. With this in mind, we would greatly appreciate your help in ensuring that the information on this page is as complete and accurate as possible. If you spot any accessibility-related changes, regressions or improvements in this release, please do let us know by adding a comment.
General Changes in macOS 10.13.4
According to Apple's release notes via Mac Rumors, today's macOS release includes the following changes:
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update improves the stability, performance, and security of your Mac, and it is recommended for all users. This update:
- Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the US
- Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs)
- Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro
- Allows jumping to the right-most open tab using Command+9 in Safari
- Enables sorting Safari bookmarks by name or URL by right clicking and choosing "Sort by..."
- Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages
- Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field in Safari
- Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search Field when interacting with password or credit card forms on non-encrypted web pages
- Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information
macOS 10.13.4 is available via the updates tab in the Mac App Store.