Live Blog: Apple's March 21, 2016 iPhone SE Event
Below is the AppleVis live blog for the March 21, 2016 special event. Information has been taken directly from the @AppleVis Twitter timeline , as well as quoted from the Twitter timelines of [Mac Rumors Live](http://www.twitter.com/Mac Rumors Live) and 9to5mac. All external information is indicated as such with a source name, and all external tweets are in quotes.
- MacRumorsLive: more than 1 BILLION Apple devices in use around the world.
- 9to5Mac: "Tim Cook: 'Apple has responsibility to customers and country to privacy. Apple will not shrink.'"
- Lisa Jackson: Currently 93% of Apple offices, stores, data centers run off renewable energy. 100% in some countries.
- Apple using 100% renewable energy in 23 countries.
- 99% of Apple packaging comes from paper that is either recycled or sustainably managed.
- 9to5Mac: "Apple now has robots called Liam that can take apart iPhones for reuse and recycling.
- Apple announces CareKit,--a framework to build patient care apps.
- MacRumorsLive: "Example use of CareKit: Surgery followup. App guides you through things to do each day from exercising to taking medications after surgery."
- With CareKit, you can record data like temperature, accelerometer data, etc. You can share this info with your physician as well.
- CareKit will be available in April.
- Brand new colors for bands, and a new band.
- Apple introduces a woven nylon band for the Apple Watch.
- New colors for the Sport and leather bands for the Watch.
- New Space Black Milanese loop as well.
- Apple Watch now starts at $299 for the 38Mm and $349 for the 42Mm.
- Apple TV: Organize your apps into folders on the Apple TV. Dictate text into text fields. Siri for the App Store.
- tvOS 9.2 will be released today.
- The new 4-inch iPhone is the iPhone SE. Aluminum design. Curved edges.
- iPhone SE has the A9 processor--same as the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.
- iPhone SE has a 12 MP camera.
- iPhone SE can capture live photos.
- MacRumorsLive: "With A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor, iPhone SE has always-on "Hey Siri" capabilities."
- MacRumorsLive: "New iPhone SE includes A9 chip, 12 megapixel camera, front camera flash, Apple Pay, Touch ID, faster LTE."
- MacRumorsLive: "iPhone SE has 'incredible' battery improvements and a 12-megapixel camera -- same as the camera in the iPhone 6s."
- MacRumorsLive: "iPhone SE $399/16GB, $499/32GB, available March 31! 100 countries by end of May."
- iPhone SE is free on a 2-year contract.
- iOS 9: 80% adoption. The latest Android version: 2% adoption.
- Night Shift shifts colors to the warmer end of the spectrum at night.
- You can now secure notes in the Notes app using Touch ID and a passcode.
- Suggested apps now appear right in the Health App.
- 9to5Mac: "iOS 9.3 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch will be available today."
- Apple launching a new suite of software and capabilities for iPad in the classroom in iOS 9.3.
9.7-inch iPad Pro
- Over 1 million iPad apps now in the App Store.
- Apple announces a new iPad, the 9.7-inch iPad Pro.
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro starts with the same materials as in the 12-inch model.
- 9to5Mac: "9.7-inch Pro display. Low reflective. Brightest 500nits of light. TrueTone Display."
- Apple Insider reporting the new iPad Pro weighs less than 1 pound.
- New 9.7-inch iPad pro has 4 speakers. Twice the audio volume of an iPad Air 2.
- New 9.7-inch iPad pro has the M9 motion coprocessor. Supports Hey Siri.
- A Smart Keyboard for the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro is available. Other accessories as well.
- iPad Pro starts with 32GB at $599. 128GB $749. 256GB also available.
- Pre-orders begin 3/24 and the iPad Pro is available on 3/31.
Does anyone know if Apple will demonstrate the new products and their features with VoiceOver?
hi, no, unfortunately. apple dosn't vew or demonstrate the accessibility features that happends until now.
Apple probably has a lot of stuff on the agenda, and if they showed absolutely every accessibility feature every time they did a keynote, each one would probably run for about 6 hours each. and nobody has that kinda time. Plus VoiceOver is of interest to a small part of the population, meaning only the people who use it every day would really have interest in it. Apple has to appeal to billions of people, so it really wouldn't make sense unless they did something really super revolutionary with it. and going to a smaller display on the iphone really wouldn't warrant such a thing. It's sad but that's how it is.
Hi their, though I have asked since last event
time, the same question. I apologies for asking again
since on windos10 at edg brouzer we can striem the event,
but is there any way, to striem live event on windos7? through VLC
I have tried last time, but din't successed to striem
folks pls suggest me proper way, how to striem on windos7 through VLC?
And I can't wait. As usual it will be streamed in audio only on that Monday. I happen to get the day off that day (actually the company I work for has no hours for me for a few months) so yeah, you're stuck with me. Lol! To those on the various lists I'll be sending out an eBlast with the links to tune in and times on Sunday.
There is no way I know of watching the event on a Windows 7 computer. I'm excited about the event, but I think that with all of the rumours that are circulating, there will not actually be any "news".
We'll see. They normally release a new ipad around this time of year, and the mac book might also be refreshed as well. I'd wait until the video feed comes out on the podcast apple has so you can catch up. Look for apple keynote in itunes podcast directory.
Looking forward to see what they have, and if it is really all that it is hyped up to be.
I really want one of the new iPad Pro tablets. This is the first tablet in a long while that has got me excited. Normally I am a staunch Windows fan but there is something about this new tablet that makes me sit up and take notice. I don't think I could move to a Mac computer but I could definently see myself using an iPad as a portable computer solution. I don't want a smaller phone but I think the new 4 inch phone is going to be a big hit. Especially with companies since the price tag is fairly low for the 16gig model at $399. The features of this new phone really bring it in line with the rest of the line up. I am also excited to see what comes about with Care Kit since I am a type one diabetic. So what is everyone elses thoughts on the event?