It’s the week of the 5th Birthday of AppleVis, and this giveaway comes from the great people at DeskConnect.
The first 3 names drawn from our virtual hat will each win a US$25 iTunes Gift Card. The next 5 people drawn will each win a promo code for Workflow: Powerful Automation Made Simple. This iOS app usually sells for US$4.99.
About Workflow: Powerful Automation Made Simple
Workflow is your personal automation tool, enabling you to drag and drop any combination of actions to create powerful workflows for your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
Workflow includes over 200 actions, including those for Contacts, Calendar, Maps, Music, Photos, Camera, Reminders, Safari, AirDrop, Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, and iCloud Documents, to name a few.
For example, you can use Workflow to:
- Make animated GIFs
- Add a home screen icon that calls a loved one
- Make PDFs from Safari or any app with a share sheet
- Get directions to the nearest coffee shop in one tap
- Tweet the song you're listening to
- Get all of the images on a web page
- Send a message including the last screenshot you took
- And so much more...
Your workflow creations can be launched from inside the Workflow app or from other apps using Workflow's Action Extension. You can even export a workflow as a standalone app on your home screen.
Workflow opens up infinite possibilities of what you can do with your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. But this is just the beginning. Stay tuned.
Every year at its Worldwide Developers’ Conference (WWDC), Apple celebrates and acknowledges through its Apple Design Awards the mobile and desktop apps which raise the bar in design, technology and innovation. This year, Workflow won one of these prestigious awards because of its accessibility with VoiceOver. In fact, two members of Apple’s Accessibility Team were invited onto stage to demonstrate just how well the app works with VoiceOver.
According to Apple’s own report on the 2015 Design Awards:
Workflow is a powerful automation tool, available exclusively for iPhone and Apple Watch, that connect apps and actions together to automate things you do every day. Selected as an Apple Design Award winner for its outstanding use of iOS accessibility features, Workflow delivers an excellent implementation for VoiceOver with clearly labeled items, thoughtful hints, and drag/drop announcements, all of which make the app usable and quickly accessible to those who are blind or low-vision. The creators of Workflow understand that true accessibility is not just a technical task, it also requires design and usability consideration.
How to enter the Workflow: Powerful Automation Made Simple Giveaway
Simply send an email to [CLOSED] with “Workflow” in the subject line. In the body of the message, please clearly state if you live in the United States.
- Please make sure that you enter the requested subject line in your email. We have lots of giveaways this week, so cannot guarantee that your name will go into the draw to win this prize if you do not do this.
- In the body of your email, clearly state if you live in the United States.
- The deadline for entries is 23:59 PST on Sunday, 2 August 2015. Entries received after this will not be entered into the draw.
- Winners will be selected at random and notified by email during the week commencing 3 August 2015.
- As always, our usual competition rules apply.