It’s the week of the 5th Birthday of AppleVis, and this giveaway comes from the great people at Mac for the Blind.
Enter for a chance to win 2 hours of free iOS or Mac training from an Apple Certified Support Professional. This usually costs US$55 per hour.
This is a tremendous opportunity for somebody new to using VoiceOver on either iOS or a Mac.
About Mac for the Blind iOS and Mac Training
Mac for the Blind is happy to offer the opportunity to receive training, personalized technical support and AT consulting. This can be done via telephone, Skype, Messages, or FaceTime. We would be happy to share our knowledge and experience to help you learn VoiceOver on the Mac or iOS devices, or to simply give you a bit of assistance in solving a particular problem. Our areas of expertise include Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite, and the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Besides having nearly 10 years of VoiceOver experience, we are Apple Certified Support Professionals for Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Lion. We are currently contracted for training and support by multiple state agencies, such as the Washington State Services for the Blind, Iowa Department for the Blind, Pennsylvania Services for the Blind, and Rehabilitation services for Vermont and New Hampshire, and have also worked with universities and colleges to train staff and students, such as Wake Forest University, Algonquin College, and Bellevue College. Additionally, besides currently being contracted as an Accessibility Quality Assurance Analyst for Apple, we have assisted several private individuals and even businesses to serve their training, technical support and consulting needs/requirements.
How to enter the Mac for the Blind iOS or Mac Training Giveaway
Simply send an email to [CLOSED] with “Mac for the Blind” in the subject line.
- Because of the value of this prize, the winner will not be eligible for any of the other birthday giveaways held this week.
- Please make sure that you enter the requested subject line in your email. We have lots of giveaways this week, so cannot guarantee that your name will go into the draw to win this prize if you do not do this.
- The deadline for entries is 23:59 PST on Sunday, 2 August 2015. Entries received after this will not be entered into the draw.
- Winners will be selected at random and notified by email during the week commencing 3 August 2015.
- By entering this giveaway you are giving us permission to pass your contact details to Mac for the Blind so that they can arrange the training.
- As always, our usual competition rules apply.