Apple Releases watchOS 7.3 and tvOS 14.4
Apple has today released watchOS 7.3 and tvOS 14.4 to the public.
For low vision users, watchOs 7.3 brings a fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled.
At the time of posting, we are unaware of any additional fixes or changes for blind and low vision users in these releases. Likewise, we are unaware of any new bugs. If you discover any fixes, changes or regressions in your own use of the software, please let us know by adding a comment below.
As part of Apple's celebration of Black History Month, watchOS 7.3 introduces a new Unity watch face inspired by the colors of the Pan-African flag. Apple says the new watch face has shapes that “change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you.”
In addition, watchOS 7.3 adds support for the ECG feature in more countries and introduces “Time to Walk” guided audio walking workouts for Apple Fitness+ subscribers
Apple's tvOS updates are typically minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements; and MacRumors reports that nothing new was discovered in the tvOS 14.4 beta.
watchOS 7.3 Release Notes
watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Unity watch face inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you
- Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
- Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled
How to update
watchOS 7.3 is available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings > General > Software Update) or by going to the Watch app on your iPhone and navigating to General> Software Update. To install the update, your Watch must be connected to its charger and have at least 50% battery power.
More information on how to update the software on your Apple Watch is available on this Apple Support page.
To install tvOS 14.4 on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > System > Software Updates and Select Update Software. If there's an update, select Download and Install. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Don't disconnect or unplug your Apple TV until the update completes.
More information on how to update the software on your Apple TV is available on this Apple Support page.
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on these updates. Do you like the new features and changes? Let us know by adding a comment below.