Apple has today released software updates for the Apple Watch and fourth-generation Apple TV.
According to Apple’s release notes for watchOS 3.1 via 9to5Mac, this update includes the following:
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages.
- Messages effect can play with Reduce Motion enabled.
- Fixes an issue that could pause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging.
- Resoles an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face.
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some-third party apps.
Release notes for tvOS 10.1 are not yet available, but it is safe to assume that there will be the standard mix of bug fixes, security patches, and under-the-hood performance improvements. We will update this post if we learn of any significant new features or changes.
We are unaware at this time of any accessibility-related changes to either of these releases. So, please let us know of any changes, fixes or bugs that you encounter by posting a comment below.
How to Update
watchOS 3.1 is available by going to the Watch app on your iPhone and navigating to General> Software Update. To install the update, your Watch must be connected to its charger and have at least 50% battery power.
To install tvOS 10.0.1 on a fourth-generation Apple TV, go to the Settings channel, then look for the System section near the bottom. From here, look for Software Updates under Maintenance, then select Update Software and Download and Install.