In addition to iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4, Apple has also today released macOS Catalina 10.15.4, watchOS 6.2 and tvOS 13.4 to the public.
Our testing of macOS Catalina 10.15.4 suggests that it resolves the following bugs:
- In the Messages app, VoiceOver now locates and speaks the location of people who are sharing their location with you.
- VoiceOver no longer announces “Dictation has new window” when navigating popup menus with Voice Control enabled.
- VoiceOver no longer reports incorrect size of UI objects in Xcode.
Apple's full release notes for macOS Catalina 10.15.4 are:
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 introduces iCloud Drive folder sharing, Screen Time communications limits, Apple Music time-synced lyrics view, and more. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac.
- iCloud Drive folder sharing from Finder
- Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
- Communication limits for controlling who your children can communicate with and be contacted by throughout the day and during downtime
- Playback control of music videos for your children
- Time-synced lyrics view for Apple Music, including the ability to jump to your favorite part of a song by clicking a line in lyrics view
- Option to import Chrome passwords into your iCloud Keychain for easy AutoFill of your passwords in Safari and across all your devices
- Controls for duplicating a tab and for closing all tabs to the right of the current tab
- HDR playback support on compatible computers for Netflix content
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
Pro Display XDR
- Customized reference modes that you can tailor to specific workflow needs by selecting from several color gamut, white point, luminance, and transfer function options
- Head pointer preference for moving a cursor on the screen based on the precise movements of your head
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- High Dynamic Range output to HDR10-compatible third-party displays and TVs connected with DisplayPort or HDMI
- OAuth authentication support with Outlook.com accounts for improved security
- CalDav migration support when upgrading to iCloud reminders on a secondary device
- Resolves an issue where text copied between apps may appear invisible when Dark Mode is active
- Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
- Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
- Fixes an issue with screen brightness for the LG UltraFine 5K display after waking from sleep
Apple has also issued security update 2020-002 for macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
watchOS 6.2 is a relatively minor update, but does bring in-app purchase support to Apple Watch apps and ECG features to three new countries.
At the time of writing we are unaware of any changes for blind or low vision users in watchOS 6.2. If you notice any fixes, enhancements or regressions during your own use of the release, please let us know by posting a comment below.
Apple has also released watchOS 5.3.6 for Apple Watch models not supported by watchOS 6.2, which will enable them to continue functioning properly with the new iOS update for older iPhones.
Apple's full release notes for watchOS 6.2 are:
watchOS 6.2 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes:
- Introduces in-app purchases for Apple Watch apps
- Fixes an issue where music playback could pause when switching from Wi-Fi to Bluetooth connectivity
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later now available in Chile, New Zealand, and Turkey
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications now available in Chile, New Zealand, and Turkey
According to MacRumors, tvOS 13.4“introduces some minor design changes to streamline the look of the TV app interface, plus it introduces Family Sharing integration so users can access iTunes content purchased by family members without having to leave the app.”
How to update
macOS Catalina10.15.4 can be downloaded by going to System Preferences > Software Update.
watchOS 6.2 is available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings > General > Software Update) or by going to the Watch app on your iPhone and navigating to General> Software Update. To install the update, your Watch must be connected to its charger and have at least 50% battery power.
To install tvOS 13.4 on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > System > Software Updates and Select Update Software. If there's an update, select Download and Install. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Don't disconnect or unplug your Apple TV until the update completes.
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences of these updates. Let us know by adding a comment below.