Apple Releases macOS 10.15.6, watchOS 6.2.8, and tvOS 13.4.8
In addition to releasing iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6,, Apple has today released macOS 10.15.6, watchOS 6.2.8, and tvOS 13.4.8. Apple additionally today released new 13.4.8 software for HomePod.
With much of Apple's focus likely being on this fall's software releases, we do not expect today's updates to contain any changes specific to VoiceOver users. However, if you do spot any changes; improvements; or regressions during your use of these releases, please do let us know by posting a comment below.
Below are the release notes for macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and watchOS 6.2.8, shared via Mac Rumors:
macOS Catalina 10.13.6 Release Notes
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 introduces local news in your Today feed in Apple News and improves the security and reliability of your Mac.
- Local news in your Today feed provides extensive coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City
- More stories available from local news providers with a subscription to Apple News+
- Your daily newsletter from Apple News can now be personalized with stories that reflect your interests
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- Adds a new option to optimize video streaming on HDR-compatible Mac notebooks for improved battery life
- Fixes an issue where the computer name may change after installing a software update
- Resolves an issue where certain USB mouse and trackpads may lose connection
watchOS 6.2.8 Release Notes
watchOS 6.2.8 includes new features and improvements:
- Adds support for digital car keys for Apple Watch Series 5
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later now available in Bahrain, Brazil, and South Africa
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications now available in Bahrain, Brazil, and South Africa
How to Update
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 can be downloaded by going to System Preferences > Software Update.
watchOS 6.2.8 is available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings > General > Software Update) or by going to the Watch app on your iPhone and navigating to General> Software Update. To install the update, your Watch must be connected to its charger and have at least 50% battery power.
To install tvOS 13.4.8 on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > System > Software Updates and Select Update Software. If there's an update, select Download and Install. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Don't disconnect or unplug your Apple TV until the update completes.
Did so already. No issues so far.
I did the same this morning, thanks to a sister for once again letting me borrow her charger. Mine is plugged in back at my apartment, and it looks like I'm going to be moving back there soon. But anyway, no problems on my end either.
For me I get random focus jumps to items on my dock while using Voiceover arrow keys to progress in Safari for example. After the few items of the dock, the focus goes back to where it should have been.