Apple has today released iOS 12.1.3 to the public, bringing fixes for multiple bugs affecting iPad Pro, HomePod, CarPlay, and more.
According to [Apple's release notes via MacRumors, iOS 12.1.3 contains
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view
- Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
- Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
This release also includes bug fixes for HomePod. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause HomePod to restart
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening
At the time of posting, we are not aware of any accessibility-related changes in iOS 12.1.3. If you do notice any accessibility-related changes in iOS 12.1.3, please post a comment letting the community know your experiences.
iOS 12.1.3 is available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings > General > Software Update) or via iTunes on a Mac or PC.
Before updating, we strongly recommend making a full and complete backup of your device (either in iTunes or iCloud, depending on personal preference). This will ensure that, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong during the update process, you will have a current backup on hand in case a device restore becomes necessary. Also, if using OTA update, we recommend plugging your device into a power source for the duration of the download/installation process, so as to prevent the unlikely event of your battery going dead during the update.
More information on how to update the software on your iOS device is available on this Apple Support page.
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on this update.