Description of App
The Starbucks® app for iPhone® is the quickest, easiest way to pay for your coffee—no wallet necessary. The app is completely redesigned with an improved
interface, a more personal dashboard experience, digital tipping and other great features, including easy access to our loyalty program, My Starbucks Rewards®.
And you’ll get a free drink at participating stores (some restrictions apply) when you join My Starbucks Rewards® and sign up for email rewards.
App features when you’re a member of My Starbucks Rewards®:
• Pay: Use your iPhone®/iPod® Touch to pay at 7,000 U.S. company-operated Starbucks® stores and 2,500 Target and Safeway Starbucks® locations. Check your
Starbucks Card balance, reload your Card, view your transaction history and transfer balances between Cards.
• Tipping: Leave a digital tip on purchases made with your Starbucks Card at U.S. company-operated Starbucks® stores.
• Passbook: Add your Starbucks Card to Passbook.
• Rewards: Track your Stars and redeem your rewards in the My Starbucks Rewards® program.
• Gift: Send Starbucks Card eGifts to friends via email.
App features when you’re not a member of My Starbucks Rewards®:
• Inbox: Receive Starbucks notifications, special offers and the Pick of the Week.
• Store Locator: Find the stores nearest you, directions, hours and amenities.
For more information, please visit http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/mobile-apps/
The Starbucks application uses location services (user-enabled) to support store location and Order features, as well as to utilize iBeacon technology
for guided experiences in our Starbucks Roastery.*
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Free or Paid
All of the information is available to VoiceOver users. The map directions and purchase functionality is complicated.
The Starbucks app gives you fast access to your account information. The opening screen provides a quick glance of your reward status, do you have a free
drink available, and how many purchases until your next free drink.
The second screen shows you the closest store. There's a button for a map, but getting directions takes you to the map app and it may not be successful.
The third screen shows you the current balance on your Starbucks card(s). You can also choose a card and use it to purchase a coffee. The interaction is
not as smooth as the iPhone. You'll need to assign one of your cards to the passbook and then open the passbook to use the phone for automated purchases.
The Starbucks app will give you details on your selected card, the card balance, and the card number. If you can't use passbook, you'll need to show the
barrista your watch to get the card number.
This app is good for keeping track of your Starbucks account. It's also an easy way to track when your free reward is about to expire. For directions and
purchases, I'd recommend using the phone app.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app