Description of App
ClamXav is a free virus scanner for Mac OS X. It uses the very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as a back end and has the ability to detect both Windows and Mac threats.
- Scan only the files you tell it to, or your entire hard drive, whichever you prefer.
- Clean, simple-to-use interface.
- Clearly lists infected files.
- Free virus definitions (usually updated daily)
- Save your favourite scan locations for easy access.
- Customise the toolbar - or hide it entirely.
- Send selected files to quarantine or trash with one click.
- Specify files to exclude using plain text, regular expressions, or by using drag & drop from the Finder.
- Specify schedules to update virus definitions and perform scans.
Free or Paid
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On
I've just downloaded this after seeing it recommended elsewhere, and so far it seems to be very accessible.As is the nature of so many applications, you need to take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with its interface, but, other than needing to add some custom labels to the 'Add' and 'Remove' buttons, this one seems to be fairly intuitive.
Note that the version available via MacUpdate and the developer's website is newer than that currently on the Mac App Store and also includes Clam Century (an active monitoring feature).
0 people have recommended this app