Submitted by Jeff on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
Sunday, February 26, 2017
Description of App
AppDelete is an uninstaller for Macs that will remove not only Applications but also Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, and Screensavers along with their associated files. Without AppDelete these associated items will be left behind to take up space and potentially cause issues. For a proper uninstall don’t just delete but be sure to AppDelete! Additional Features:■All-New UI and revised workflow for the best AppDelete experience ever - New!
- Optimized for operation on Lion/Mountain Lion - New!
- File sizes and grouping for all items - New!
- Fully compatible with Retina displays - New!
- All latest technologies being utilized such as Automatic Reference Counting and Grand Central Dispatch - New!
- Updated Tools menu with features such as showing Library folder and deleting .DS_Store files - New!
- All-New Genius Search and much improved Orphans search - New!
- Major updates to Hidden mode for background operation with menubar icon - New!
- Additional Preferences such as Ignore List and Protect Running Apps - New!
- Updated Help file to make options more clear to user - New!
- Fourteen languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish
- Search filters to find items for deletion fast (including old PPC apps)
- Finds associated items that are invisible or hidden
- Trash monitoring so that simply throwing an app in the trash triggers AppDelete
- Archive/Install from Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
- Sparkle updater to always have the latest version
- Password requested only once if needed instead of multiple requests
- Keeps a Log of all activities and has the ability to Undo a deletion
- Moves items into an organized deleted package in your trash
- Force Empty Trash for stubborn to remove items
Free or Paid
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On
10.6 and up...
When I first purchased this app for $5 the only way it was accessible was by control-clicking an app and choosing appdelete from the menu. After 1 email the developer corrected this. It is still totally accessible with voiceover.
The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and use.
If you've ever just sent an app to the trash, this program will find all the left-overs and get rid of them too! The app calls these left-overs "orphans".
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
Most recently recommended by Jeff 4 years 3 months ago
The link provided for this app does not work. Please fix.
Sounds a lot like clean my mac 2. It ccan do all of this and more. and so can CCleaner, sort of.
Hi Daniel, It appears the full version of AppDelete is not available in the App Store. I've updated the entry to include the MacUpdate.com address. Regards, Michael Hansen AppleVis Editorial Team