Description of App:
DocuScan Plus is the first fully accessible, Internet-based scanning and reading software for the blind and visually impaired that works with both Windows and the Mac. Using a variety of popular scanners or a HoverCam document camera in conjunction with DocuScan Plus, you can convert printed materials and PDF files into text and access your converted documents from anywhere. By purchasing DocuScan Plus, you’ll be able to use it on both a Windows PC and a Mac without paying extra. Scan materials on Windows and access them from your Mac. Scan materials on your Mac or PC and access them from any Internet-connected Windows PC by visiting www.DocuScanPlus.com. It's truly accessibility anywhere.Here are just a few of the features you’ll get with DocuScan Plus.
- Convert PDF files easily without the need for extra software, including PDF files that contain only scanned images of the printed pages.
- Save scanned documents to Serotek's reliable network via the Internet and access them from anywhere.
- Save documents to your own computer in rich text format, large print, or braille.
- Convert scanned materials to MP3 or DAISY.
- Easily email scanned documents to yourself or others without leaving DocuScan Plus.
- Password-protect documents for added security.
You won't need a costly screen reader to use DocuScan Plus. On Windows, DocuScan Plus provides its own speech output and magnification; on the Mac, it works seamlessly with VoiceOver and Zoom. 7 day trial available.