Weather - The Weather Channel
Description of App
Enjoy the best day possible with the most accurate forecast available. When you see the world through weather, It's Amazing Out There. Favorite features:
• Trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour.
• Social weather: Share your weather conditions with us! We will use that information to identify hard-to-predict spots to improve the forecast for those areas. Plus, whenever you report your weather, you can take and share a photo of your current weather. We’ll keep track of them so you’ll have a personalized weather history.
• Incredibly fast and accurate maps offer past and future radar.
• Push alerts & badges help make sure you know about the severe weather around you.
• From big storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news and videos.
• Seasonal tools, like our airport delays module, cold and flu module, and pollen alerts, help you plan around the weather.
• Beautiful and easy to use. Perfectly aligned to the iOS 7 aesthetic.
• Amazing background photos match your location and current weather conditions.
• Navigation: swipe right to left to browse your saved locations, or swipe up and down to view the detailed forecasts and news stories.
• Check out detailed weather conditions by tapping the circle on the main screen. We have “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure.
To learn more about this new app, watch our demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAPpUK7H1cw&feature=em-share_video_user
Don’t forget to check us out at weather.com and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news. Your WEATHER wherever, whenever, and however you want it.
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com
SUPPORTS iOS 7.0 AND ABOVE
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
In this brand NEW update to The Weather Channel. Now comes with a lot of problems for the VoiceOver users. Sadly, once was mostly accessible is now inaccessible. So much so there is nothing useful nor can we get anything out of it to be usable. Here is hoping the developers for this can help us out.
What's New in Version 6.0.0
Wow! Introducing our beautiful new scroll down iOS 7 redesign:
Social Weather—Share your weather conditions with us! We will use that information to identify hard-to-predict spots to improve the forecast for those areas. Plus, whenever you report your weather, you can take and share a photo of your current weather. We’ll keep track of them so you’ll have a personalized weather history.
Radar maps—Faster than ever
Design—Beautiful and easy to use. Perfectly aligned to the iOS7 aesthetic.
Improved navigation—swiping right to left allows you to browse your saved locations, whereas the detailed forecasts and stories can be viewed by swiping up and down. Check out detailed weather conditions by tapping the circle on the main screen.
App Icon—A new look for the app icon on your home screen signals something completely different, but with the same trusted weather information.
I just tried to go to this link but it appears to be broken. And the app is now totally useless with Voiceover. Prior versions were useable, but the mid May update is worse than bad.
I wonder, given the fact that apple is going with this application, or at least its data, if the weather channel will be required to be completely and totally accessible with voiceover as it will be considered a "stock application" within IOS 8. We shall see. -Andrew-
I was just curious if anyone had explored version 7.4 of this app. by and large I find it to be usable with most elements being spoken though a few could be labeled a bit better in my humble view.
My biggest question about it pertains to how it refreshes its content. the older max paid version of the app would simply refresh a few seconds after being opened. this one indicates that it does as you read through the on screen content it’ll say “updated 30 seconds ago” or similar but content doesn’t always seem to be current until you tap on your location name which often lands you in a screen for searching for other locations to add. If you exit out of that and return to main screen then weather seems to have been updated. I just wondered if others who’d given it a whirl had experienced similar behavior or if perhaps I was missing something quite obvious. I should also mention that the current version does have the option of an ad free subscription and also offers some useful alerts for severe weather, start of precipitation and pollen for those who enjoy such things.